Updated December 4, 2020
There is no higher priority for Finger Lakes Hearing Center than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We recognize the importance of hearing loved ones and physicians in this difficult time and are here to serve the community. We are open in all of our offices during regular business hours and seeing patients.
To keep our offices safe for our staff and our patients, we are announcing several changes to our procedures for the foreseeable future.
- We are following CDC guidelines for prevention of the spread of COVID-19. This includes rescheduling appointments if you or someone you have been in close contact with for at least 15 minutes are feeling ill or have experienced the following symptoms in the past two weeks:
- Fever or feeling feverish (chills, sweating)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- We are also rescheduling appointments if you or someone you have been in close contact with has had a positive COVID test result or are waiting for test results, or if you have been told to quarantine.
- We are limiting walk-in patients for supplies or hearing aid problems in all of our locations. This will help reduce the traffic in our office, enable us to maintain social distance, and help us maintain proper cleanliness and sanitization in our practices. We ask that patients and/or family members call ahead and we will provide you with an appointment time that will allow us to maintain the safety for our staff and patients.
- We are able to provide curbside service for scheduled appointments or supply pickups. Please call ahead so we can provide you the best service possible for this option.
- If you need supplies and do not feel comfortable coming into the office for an appointment, we are charging $5 for shipping. You also have the option of curbside service, where you can arrive during a designated time, call us to let us know you have arrived with the make, model, and color of your vehicle, and we will bring the supplies to you.
- We are employing proper sanitization protocols whenever a non-staff member enters the office. For those who do need to come into the office for an appointment, rest assured that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 in our practice. As soon as you are finished checking in at the front desk, we will place you immediately into an exam room.
- We ask that you limit family members coming with you to your appointment. If you need a family member to drive you, we ask that they remain in the car to prevent crowding in office and to help protect our staff. If you are a parent bringing a child that is being tested, we will reschedule your appointment if you are unable to bring only the child with the appointment. We recognize that childcare options are severely limited at this time; however, the health of our staff and other patients are a priority.
- If you need additional accommodations, please contact us.
- Our office hours and staffing may be limited during this time.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients. We appreciate your patience as we all navigate this situation together.